16 June 2008

Holy Fog!

This morning we awoke the thickest fog we have ever seen. The buses would have been canceled, for sure, back home. The buses ran here in New Zealand. The drive to work was interesting, curvy roads and about 50 metre visibility. As the day went on the fog just sat there, not moving at all. By 4 o'clock the fog was thicker than in the morning. I actually felt a little claustrophobic like the fog was closing in around me on my drive home. I will take photos if the fog is still with us tomorrow.

We got an email telling us the Sammy had been chosen to try out for the Southland Pee Wee Hockey team. This team is a selected group of kids from a large area including Dunedin, Queenstown, Alexandrea, Gore and the Otago area. He is pretty excited to be chosen to try out. This Sunday is the try outs and we should know soon after whether he has made it or not. We'll keep you posted.

I met with a local dance teacher in Gore this week. She is wanting me to teach an intermediate Jazz class on Monday night. I will also be starting to teach Tap as well. My dance shoes are here with me, but I just have to get in touch with Florence for tap music. I am looking forward getting back into dancing. I am also loving that Abby is now wanting to take Ballet and Tap again! When we first got to NZ she wanted to take time off from dancing ( which made me cry) but things have changed and the dance bag has been dragged out, the shoes tried on, the leaps around the house are happening again....and I am happy!


I have included pics of Sammy sporting his new Red Wings shirt that Grandma Horton gave him. He may have missed rubbing the Stanley Cup win in Uncle Gerred's and Grandpa's face, but he was ecstatic to get a t-shirt in the mail.

There are also pics of the kids at Dolamore Park in the Hokonui Hills. We went to the park after church this weekend for a picnic lunch and some play. It is winter here, daffodils, pansies and primrose are blooming, the grass is green, the weather is usually around 60 - 65 degrees...I can handle this kind of winter (except the crazy fog).

Dad turns 60 tomorrow and it is really weird not being there to hang out with him in the backyard and celebrate our birthdays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still cannot get over the beauty we see in each picture.
Looks like a nice winter !!
The kids look very happy, Sharon

Anonymous said...

We, too, loved their mild winter and the ability to be outdoors all year round without mukluks and parkas.
e&f

Anonymous said...

i want to visit :(
sees

Anonymous said...

My first thought with the pics are that it doesn't look very wintery though! lol!

Good luck Sammy with the try outs!!

Teaching dance sounds cool! Yay Sam and Abby!