12 January 2008

It's finally happening

I'm thrilled to share that our journey to New Zealand begins on Friday, January 18th at 2:00 p.m. We will arrive at the airport in Invercargill, NZ on Sunday, January 20th at 3:05 p.m. local time, which is 9:05 p.m. on January 19th in Ontario. New Zealand is 18 hours ahead of home.

Here are our travel details. We fly from Toronto to Vancouver - 5 hour flight & 3 hour layover, Vancouver to Auckland, NZ - 14 1/2 hour flight & 3 1/2 hour layover, Auckland to Christchurch - 1 hour & 20 minute flight & 2 hour & 25 minute layover, Christchurch to Invercargill - 1 hour & 20 minute flight. Board members from Camp Columba will meet us at the Invercargill airport and it will be just under a 1 hour drive to camp from their. If everything goes right we could be at camp 32 hours after we fly out of Toronto.

I've been waiting for two weeks to get excited about our departure but wouldn't let myself until everything was finalized. Well things are finalized and it's pretty darn exciting. This whole idea becomes completely real to me now. We are really doing this and it feels great. This whole process has been incredibly liberating for both Samantha & I. Who knows how this adventure will end? I'm pretty sure that the ending isn't the important part, it's the time between now and the end that matter most.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting!! Whoot!! Whoot!!

The "waiting game" has finally ended!! Yay!! That brings back memories from the summer! Janeen and I were waiting to see if we got invited back to the 3rd LIT week. We were waiting for the email, it was very suspenseful to say the least. We thought what was going to happen if we got invited back or if we didn't. There were so many questions going through our minds! We were thrilled to get invited back!! We screamed at the top of our lungs in excitement! Janeen and I could not believe we had got invited back, I thought I was dreaming! It all felt real when we arrived at Lambton Centre.

I hope everything goes well on your journey to NZ! I will sure be thinking of you guys!!

Thank you for the amazing opportunities at Lambton Centre!!

May God guide you in this amazing adventure!!

Kosmo said...

DAMN! That means you're leaving for real now!

With all that to say, I am glad you are finally getting to the new job and new live in NZ.

Anonymous said...

We'll be thinking about you the entire flight! Your blog is now on our "Favourites" folder.

The Cameron/Brunts

Anonymous said...

I am so sad that you guys have to leave. This country will never ever be the same even though I have never been around the whole country. I will miss going to camp and seeing you. I wish you guys the best of luck in New Zealand and I hope you have the best time of your lives.

Anonymous said...

I will miss you when you leave because we all have been together for along time.Have fun in New Zealand!!!!

Steph said...

I think a lot of the times we forget that it's not the end that we need to look for and remember, it's the journey in between! I am so excited for you guys to have this journey and I can't wait to hear all about it! You've both done a lot for me in the last 12 years and I can't thank you enough! Travel safe!