18 January 2008

Twas the night before departure...

We've just finished packing our bags. It was a real challenge trying to fit everything that we need and want into 8 suitcases and 4 carry-ons, a challenge we did not overcome. We are taking one extra piece of luggage. I'm a little bit concerned about our carry-ons and personal bags. Hopefully we have some understanding flight attendants.

The kids are tucked into bed - Sammy feeling a bit emotional about leaving and Abby really excited about the whole adventure. It's kind of a flip-flop of how they've been feeling up until now, but not an unexpected one. Samantha is just ready to get on the plane and experience the journey. I'm feeling more convinced than ever that New Zealand is where we are supposed to be right now. Both Samantha and I have a real sense of peace and calm about our journey. Exciting stuff.

We have both enjoyed all of the short visits, phone calls, wall posts and emails over the last couple of days. Thank you.

We plan to add some posts along the trip, maybe a short video or two tomorrow. Lots of pics once we get there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about 4:49 PM Ontario, Canada time on Friday as I write this.

I bet it was a challenge to fit everything in you wanted.

The slide show of the pictures made me sad and made it feel more real that you guys are going. It's finally sinking in now. You guys have touched my life in many ways with the amazing opportunities at Lambton Centre.

I'll be sure to communicate with you guys since I have the business card!

Have an amazing journey!!

Keithbeats said...

we hope you guys have/had a good trip. dano - make sure you go and see a super 14 ruby match for me while you are there.

Keithbeats said...

rugby, i mean rugby.