08 February 2009

First week of school and Waitangi Weekend

We all made it through our first week back at school. Sam started at St. Peter's College in year 7. Abby is at Pukerau again in year 5. I am at Gore High teaching year 9 English and Forward Thinking and I am a Year 9 Dean. Sam has to wear a uniform at his school which he likes and he looks so smart. Abby is very happy to be in Mrs Watt's class again. The week went well. The kids started swimming lessons, Dano and Sam started guitar. This coming week Abby will start piano again as well as ballet.



Today the forecast called for 29 degree weather, hot gale winds....where better to be than the beach? So we called our friends, the Murrells and drove down to Porpoise Bay. Martin and I teach at the high school together. He and his family moved from England 6 months ago. Sarah, his wife and Tegan and Meri, his daughters are fun gals to hang with. Sam and Tegan go to school together and Meri and Abs get along beautifully. We met at the beach and it was incredibly windy...excellent for boogie boarding.



Saturday I was in a miserable place, homesick and ready to fly home! It has been over a year since I have seen my Mom and Dad, Holly, Gerred, Lillie, Hunter, Owen, Wyatt, Jane, Wayne, Lisa, Brian and Robyn, Sally...and so many more people. Luckily my sweet groom used his spidey senses and saw that I was in that place and encouraged phone calls and a nice long walk. I am glad to say that I am feeling better. I still really miss all those people, especially Mom and Dad, and I cannot wait for them to get here in June!



Until next time,
Samantha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our son Jace called the bull kelp - noodles for a giant. Great photos of Porpoise Bay and that must be Cathedral cove too! There's nothing like those ocean winds to blow your worries away.
E&F

Anonymous said...

After looking closely at the pic of Sam in his school uniform, I noticed the grey shirt is the same as Tony's in '95. In fact this week I donated some stuff to goodwill and his NZ school shirt is now gone....and some memories with it.
Freddie

Jules said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better Samantha. It looks like you are having such a great time there. I can't believe how the kids have grown. Abby was just a few months old when I met your family.
I've always thought you and Dan did a wonderful job raising your kids and I'm sure this move has been great for them (your whole family really) , challenging at times I'm sure, but very much worth it.
I hope when Chris and I decide to have kids we will be as good of parents as you and Dan are.
Cheers
Julie

Dan said...

Julie,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm sure that you'll make a great parent. I've checked our your blog and will now be visiting it to see what's happening in your life.

Take care
Dan