24 January 2009

Summer Holidays are coming to an end...

It seems weird to have summer holidays from January to March, but I can say that I have not had that dull dreary feeling that I usually feel each year back in Ontario. Dan's parents flew home this week after a month long stay with us. I feel for them as they have to readjust their bodies to the dark and cold of Dresden! It is Saturday here and we can expect clear skies "a fine day" with a temperature of 25 degrees. It is only 11am and I am already sweating! The nice thing about NZ is that there is usually a breeze. Today we are going into Gore to get groceries, get Sam's uniform shoes for school, then we are off to our favourite Porpoise Bay.


Here are some pics of our trips to Te Anau and Queenstown. We spent last weekend in a holiday home in Te Anau. It was beautiful. The weather in Te Anau changes very quickly and you will see the skies behind the mountains that are sunny and bright then cloudy and rainy. The kids did get into the lake and played a bit.



Dan's folks flew out of Queenstown so we rented a flat there and spend the last couple of days with them in Queenstown.




Next week I am back in the school, preparing for the Year 9s. The kids will come with me for a few of the days, we have hair appointments booked and school supplies to get. Next week the boys start guitar again and Abby will begin Ballet. I have decided to NOT teach tap this year. I will be busy enough with my new responsibilities at school and my left knee is becoming bothersome. Not sure if I will need to have it done at this point or not.


Now that the summer holidays are over our routine in life will get back to normal. As well, our blog will get back to a weekly post. Thanks to everyone who follows our blog, your comments are greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll watch for your upcoming entertaining weekly blogs. Thanks for the most recent posts!
e&f