14 June 2009

All Blacks

This weekend was a good one. Friday night began with us going over to Martin and Sarah Murrell's house for dinner. I work with Martin at Gore High, he is the Wood Tech teacher and Sarah works with some of our special kids at the school part time. They moved to NZ from Wales last year and they are here for good. They just bought a house in Gore, a beautiful home on a hill with a glass room over looking the Mataura River. Stunning! Martin and Sarah have two gorgeous girls that our kids connect really well with. Tegan and Meri are great girls. From the moment we walk in their door the kids play, giggle, run around, imagine, squeal and have a great time together. We will miss them! After a wonderful meal of homemade pizza and chocolate cake we shared what our lives were like before NZ. They talked about coming to Canada to stay with us. I really hope they do. We will miss the Murrells.
Saturday began with a much needed sleep in. However, my friend Katie lent us PlayStation Singstar and I was awoken by Chad Kruger belting out "ARE WE HAVING FUN YET, YET, YET.... (It was Dano singing and I was not impressed). We had a fantastic time with Katie's Singstar! The Red Wings game took precedence from noon until 3pm. We listened to the game on the computer through speakers. I de-moulded windows while we listened, Dano and the kids laid around the living room and listened to every moment. Too bad the Penguins beat the Wings.
We left for Dunedin at 4pm to get to Carisbrook Stadium to see the All Blacks(New Zealand's national rugby team) play France. Shelly and Phil Taylor bought tickets for us and we met outside the stadium. The crowd was interesting and the game was too. There are many things I do not understand about rugby, but I do know that I would watch those men do almost anything as long as they wore their shorty shorts and tight t-shirts! The All Blacks lost 27 - 22, but it was exciting!



Reena and Sambo arrive next weekend and our preparation begins! It is getting hard to remained focused on school and work lately. Even Sammer has started saying things like, I wish I could not got to school today and do something else. I know how he feels because I have made a mental list of things we have not done yet, the Rail Trail, Stewart Island, Doubtful Sound... I would much rather be out biking over viaducts or tramping through the most southern island instead of going to school each day. We do have a few things planned when Mom and Dad are here. We will have lots to post about when they get here! Stay tuned!

Until next time,
Samantha

1 comment:

Jules said...

I generally don't like watching sports on TV, but when Chris is watching professional rugby, I always seem to be glued to the screen :) Those men have some amazing legs! Unfortunately the Sarnia Saints don't quite compare, and those are the only games I watch in person.
It must have been amazing to see the All Blacks play. I hope you make the most of your time left in NZ. Have a good one.